Monday, November 11, 2013

Class Take Away (11/4)

I thought the Bliss assignment was rather interesting overall, especially considering how differently everyone spent their three hours, and all the different kinds of "happy places" we all had.  Personally, for me, I think the Bliss assignment went rather well as it led me to think about what kind of state I do my best work in, and what things I enjoy the most: which are high energy experiences like punk rock shows and the like.  After the fact, I feel so energized that I feel like I can take on anything.

This feeling I think really helps me creatively as it allows me to force my way through some of the "blocks" that I hit, it also gets me in the mood to do something, which I think is the first major step that needs to be taken to be creative.  Apathy is what kills it and my "happy place" forces me to not be apathetic at all.

The whole thing was definitely an interesting experiment and I enjoyed it quite a lot, especially when I got to explain to my roommate and friends that I was going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show for class, which was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment